- Thoroughly wash your strawberries, and pat them dry with paper towel
- Place the strawberries on the counter and not back in the fridge otherwise the chocolate won't stick very well
- Chop or grater the dark chocolate bar so it is very fine and place it in a bowl
- Chop or grater the white chocolate bar so it is very fine and place it in a separate bowl
- Microwave the dark chocolate bowl for 10 seconds at a time (since most microwaves are different, please take your time so that it doesn't get burnt) When it is smooth with no clumps, you are ready to dip!
- One by one, hold the strawberries by the stem and gently dip the strawberries into the warm chocolate an slowly rotate them for an even coat.
- Repeat for all strawberries
- Set it aside on top of a tray or a flat plate to harden
- Microwave the white chocolate in the microwave using the same strategy in step #5
- Using a spoon, dip it into the chocolate and gently wave it over the strawberries in a back and forth motion to create a lovely pattern. (If you are unsure or find this difficult, you could also put the white chocolate into a ziploc bag and cut a small hole in the corner to create makeshift piping)
- Set it to harden for consumption
- Once hardened, transfer them onto the prettiest tray you can find, or a plain white or neutral, flat plate to create that luxury feel
Pro tip: you could up the anti by creating reverse chocolate covered strawberries with them dipped in white chocolate and decorated with dark chocolate or, skipping the decorative chocolate and covering each strawberry with different toppings like:
- Chopped nuts (try pistachios, yum)
- Edible glitter
- Gold leaf flakes
- Sprinkles (mini heart, multi color, pearl)
- Candy canes
- Smashed Oreo (just remove the cream filling first)
Enjoy them on their own or add them to a lovely charcutiere board, They are best served right away but can be placed in the refrigerator for up to 3 hours to maintain optimal freshness.
(Consider doing the exact same recipe but replace strawberries with Oreos for another delicious treat!)